When was the last time that you take a vacation? For most busy people, it’s probably a long time ago. It is not easy to squeeze in a holiday vacation when you have so many things to do in the office, at home, with your personal life and other stuff. However, the lack of vacation can often lead to stress.
The mind can only take so much. You should not abuse it by thinking and worrying too much. So if you wish to forget about stress and relax and unwind, it is advisable to take a vacation somewhere beautiful and somewhere quiet so you can take your mind off your regular routine. One perfect destination to help you relax and achieve peace of mind is Vanuatu Island.
Here we will give you some examples of activities that you can do in Vanuatu to help you renew your strength and improve your mental and emotional state, which is very important to keep you healthy and happy.
Vanuatu is a South Pacific Ocean nation that is near Fiji, Australia, New Zealand, Solomon Islands, and New Caledonia. You can take Nadi to Suva flights to reach this beautiful and mesmerizing nation that is made up of estimated 80 islands.
Here are some of the things that you can do in Vanuatu that will help you relax and enjoy:
1. Resort hopping –there’s something about the ocean that makes you feel calm and relaxed. So if you are visiting Vanuatu, make sure to do some resort hopping. You can visit and stay in luxury hotels and resorts or if you want you could also visit resorts located around Efate that welcome day visitors. But if you have the budget then go for a stay in a luxury resort and have yourself pampered.
2. Snorkelling – see the amazing life under the sea by snorkeling off Lelepa island. You will witness the most beautiful unspoiled corals in the world. It will definitely make you feel great and will ease your mind off from worries and stress.
3. Shopping in Port Vila – retail therapy? Visit Port Vila market to do some shopping. You will be able to find cheap goods including fresh fruits and vegetables, cloths, sarongs, bags, art pieces, and some other delicious foods like Pan Au chocolate and crepes.
4. Visit the Secret Garden – you should also visit the Secret Garden for some history lessons about Vanuatu including their customs and traditions. It is lovely to get to know other country’s culture as you can also pick up some important lessons from it that you can eventually apply in your personal life.
5. Drink Kava – lastly, you must try Vanuatu’s traditional drink called Kava. Locals welcome visitors by offering Kava drinks during celebrations and gatherings. Do not underestimate this famed “herbal valium” because it can leave you knocked out for two days.
It is not healthy for both your mind and body to feel too stressed out. You should make sure to go out and have fun at least once in a while to relax and unwind. A Vanuatu trip will definitely help you have your much-deserved vacation. You can travel with your family, your significant other, and friends or even on your own if you feel like clearing your mind to do some soul-searching.