The Toyota Prius offers a nice package for an environmentally-friendly automobile, offering reliability, economy, unique styling and more. But, like all vehicles, it’s not perfect or meant to last forever, so there comes a time when some maintenance is required.
Using the best auto parts available, here are 5 replacement parts to consider for this compact car. Of course what is needed is different for each driver and depends upon the driving style and age of the Prius, as well as the year the car was manufactured.
- Brake Rotors and Discs. Quality aftermarket parts for a Prius include brake pads to replace the factory originals. This keeps the driver and passengers safe by making sure the vehicle stops when it needs to.
- Brake Caliper Replacement. Brakes wear out; it’s a fact of life. As time goes by, the stopping power of the original equipment weakens and it’s only a matter of time before action must be taken. Online coupons on auto parts often provide valuable discounts.
- Water Pump. This component should be replaced when the car experiences overheating or when coolant leaks are present. It is also smart to change the water pump whenever the timing belt is replaced, as this will cut down on work or labor costs.
- Oil Pan Gasket. The oil pan gasket, which seals the oil pan to the engine, prevents oil from leaking. Once the gasket wears out it should be replaced to prevent further leakage of oil and to make certain the engine is properly lubricated.
- Shock Absorber. Shock absorbers should be replaced periodically. A basic rule of thumb is about every 35,000 miles. The gas or liquid in the shocks eventually leaks out, resulting in a rougher ride.
Always Buy Quality Parts
Whenever a part is replaced on the Toyota Prius it’s important to select the best auto parts available. This keeps the vehicle safe and reliable.